Monday, January 31, 2011

Facebook Is Gay.

I feel like this stupid website has way to much importance on our generations lives. Like facebook is not as cool as all us white little college students think. Especially these 5 things I feel like are so dumb and prove how annoying facebook really is.
1.Relationship Statuses
I was talking to Kim the other day and I guess she just changed her status to in a relationship like a week ago. I thought that was weird. Like mine still says single. But, Derek and her have been really serious since like September and she barely just changed it. Kim didn't change hers because Derek didn't change his but in turn Derek didn't change his because Kim never changed hers. So like what are you supposed to do? Haha is the guy supposed to like take you out to a super nice restaurant and be like, "My honey-angel-baby-snackums, I feel like its time for us to take that next step. I'm ready to change my status. Its time." Then you of course just burst out in tears because being facebook official is what you've dreamed about since the last time you had to switch your little red heart back to single and like 30 random strangers posted don't likes and "OH NOOO! What happened?! I'm soooo sorry :'(." And you both whip out your iphone and change your statuses together right there at the table while holding hands. Its just a stupid little heart icon that stays on your wall for about a week than is pushed off and sent to your info page where it is forgotten until you have to bum your self out by changing it to single and feeling like a loser.

2. Something I like to call a Mellisa
Why must people post there problems on facebook? NO ONE CARES! If they do then you probably know that person well enough to actually talk to them in I don't know real life maybe. If you post 12 status updates in a day about how you have no friends and no one cares about you. I bet I know why. Its because you post 12 status updates about how you have no friends and no one cares about you.

3.Over 800 million friends and counting
Really once you get over 250 friends you just want people on your facebook to look cool. No one knows that many people they really care about. And having that many friends doesn't make you look popular anyways. Everyone knows you don't talk to all those people. All I think when I see that is that you are just trying to hard. And pretty sure that's what everyone else thinks to.

4.Mirror Picks and the like.
So I really like the picture aspect of Facebook. If you have pictures of you actually doing something they are awesome and fun to look at. But you get people who I don't know dress up in all of their boarding gear to just take pictures if front of their door. When they have only been snowboarding like 3 times. Ya, you all know who I'm talking about. Isn't there anything better to do with your time than to sit on the couch and take photo after photo.

5.Stupid games and gifts from games.
I don't play mafia warrior, so don't send me a machine gun as a gift or some random thing. I don't want it or care. I also don't want a Gucci purse from sorority life. It just makes me sad that I can't get a Gucci purse in real life. And having one on facebook doesn't make it any better.

2 comments:

  1. story of my life. i especially love the mirror pictures one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. relationship statuses are ridiculous. then all of a sudden a ton of people who never cared care something is wrong. that's why tanner and I haven't changed ours, if people really want to know if we're dating they can come ask us in person because i'm seriously not going to go out of my way to change that thing... plus on the new facebook i don't even know how, not that i want to anyway.
    its like all of these people are taking their pathetic little lives and living vicariously through you. exactly "oh em gee!! what happened? are you ok?" in the case of some girls guys comment on their single status and say "oh that sucks we should hang out some time" really you're that much of a loser that you've been waiting how many months for her little red heart to say single again so you could ask her to hang out OVER FACEBOOK. you're ridiculous

    ReplyDelete