Tuesday, March 29, 2011

W T Flip-flops

It is officially spring. Which for me means a few things. Its time for fires (which will not be the same not in Sara's back yard), snowboarding slush fests, trying to convince myself that 60 degrees is perfect tanning weather, and barbeque's. Just to name a few. Another aspect of spring that I love is the wardrobe. Ya, that does make me a little vain, but whatever its true. Its fun to have the excuse to buy new clothes. And it's even funner to see how pretty you look in them with a light spring tan. Side note- Hi, my name is Brianne and I'm a tanaholic. . Anyways, back to spring wardrobes... As everyone knows old navy flip flops are a spring/summer must have. And as everyone also knows I have a tendency to loose my shoes in the summer as fast as a drunk girl with low self esteem losses her v-card on prom night. So I needed to stock up on these wonderful little rubber and foam things. (I had to add in the and foam part so that didn't sound dirty.) Like so I'm at Old Navy and I'm like I said stocking up. So I go up to the counter with my dozen pair. And guess what the lady says. She literally goes, "You know most kids in Africa don't even have shoes?" Really lady, REALLY! In the first place those $2.50 a pair flip-flops aren't practical for life in Africa. Like I don't feel like you could run very far from a lion in them (not racist). And I was kinda mad that she was totally judging me and I go, "Well I have 7 pairs of Tom's shoes, so I know at least 7 kids in Africa have shoes." Which is a lie I only have one pair of Tom's shoes but 7 gets my point across better. But she just gave me this rude look and I just smiled back at her and walked out of the store. But who seriously does that. For all she knows those are the only shoes I own or something. Like honestly, sorry but your job isn't to make me feel bad about myself. Its to ring up my reasonably priced clothing and other various items you can pick up at an old navy. And I didn't have enough cash with me so I have to go back to get some other colors I had to leave behind. And if I see her again it will be soooo awkward.

1 comment:

  1. brianne do you realize i was LITERALLY laughing out loud at this? first of all, like that-rhymes with witch- girl was saying that, second of all, the v-card joke was hilarious, i love how you said (not racist), and i'm super proud of you that you said the Tom's shoes thing. basically this was the perfect blog post.
    p.s. my name is sara and i too am a tanaholic. I want it to be tanning weather sooooo badly.
    p.p.s. I want to have a fire/barbecue so much!
    p.p.p.s. I looooove you!

    ReplyDelete